4.17.2010

Pauline's Wedding Cake

A great friend from high school recently got back in touch with me through Facebook. Although living only about an hour from each other, we haven't seen or talked much since the summer after high school graduation. Well, just a few short months ago she was looking for a wedding cake vendor and found out I'm a designer...so, we met for a cake tasting and there we decided on the flavors and design concept.

She has always been a super unique chic...so, I knew working with her would be a blast! And, I wasn't wrong- as you can see from what we came up with:


This is a sketch using my Wedding Cake Design Software that enables my clients to view their special occasion cake before the big day. It has become a great tool in designing exactly what he or she may want.

And, here is a picture of the actual cake at my couple's reception on April 17th:


A 4 tier Charleston Style Pound Cake covered in Ivory Buttercream with Black Fondant detailing. She and her fiance (well, as of about 30 minutes ago, husband!) decided to go with fresh Strawberry Preserve filling for the largest tier, Vanilla Cream Cheese filling for the next size and Mocha Buttercream filling for the small tier. The top (which they will keep for the 1 year anniversary) is also filled with the brides favorite, Vanilla Cream Cheese. The flowers were of ivory, peach and coral hues, which were chosen by the bride and placed by the florist.


Our cake was sooooooooo yummy! I really don't want to wait a year to eat the top part, but I guess I will have to!!!!!!!
P.D. Florence, SC


Jade, you did a wonderful job with the cake....it was delicious and
beautiful! One of the bridesmaid's is going to call you to place an order for some events she is going to have! G.M. Florence, SC

This was the absolute most unique wedding cake I've ever done...which was a refreshing break from the norm! I had such a great time with this cake...from the planning stages right up until taking the pictures! Thank you so much Pauline and Levi for letting me be apart of your special and beautiful day!

Jade Cahoon
Sweet Street Designer Cakes and Cupcakes

0 comments: