9.18.2010

Wedding Cake 9.18.10

A few months ago I met with a sweet couple from Ohio who were in search of the perfect southern touches for their wedding. They had attended a friend's wedding in Charleston, SC a year ago and fell in love with the area and it's lifestyle. After some consideration, they decided to have a destination wedding- southern style!

Many Charlestonian elements were incorporated throughout the wedding and the one which inspired my cake design was the intricate wrought iron gates found throughout the city. Here's the picture I based my design on:


Using my favorite parts of this gate, I broke it up a bit and used one element per tier. This is what I came up: Simple yet designed!


{The black & white picture shows the details a little better...}
This is my Charleston Style Pound cake with a Fresh Strawberry Preserve filling and covered in Vanilla Buttercream. The detail work was also done in buttercream and accented with fresh hydrangeas.

Congratulations, Mary and Jeff!

Jade Cahoon
Sweet Street Designer Cakes and Cupcakes

0 comments: