3.27.2010

Birthday On The Farm

My sweet nephew, Caden, turned 1 on March 23rd! To celebrate, family and friends came together tonight for a farm themed party!

After talking with my sister-in-law and doing a little research on what other designers have come up with, we made a plan. We wanted to incorporate baby farm animals, a barn and a bail of hay to "smash." The only MUST my sister requested was a baby pig playing in the mud!

And I came up with this:


The largest tier was chocolate chip cake covered in vanilla buttercream and a marshmallow fondant white Pickett fence. The barn was made of my all natural banana cake, covered in vanilla buttercream and marshmallow fondant details. The "smash" cake was a super moist chocolate cake covered in vanilla buttercream "hay." Each baby farm animal was made by hand with my homemade marshmallow fondant. And, yes, we had a piglet playing in mud!

I have been looking forward to this cake for weeks now and am very excited to share it with you! It was such a good time to make...it took me all afternoon, but it was totally worth it! It came out just as I imagined! My sister loved it, and as you can see, so did my nephew!


Jade Cahoon
Sweet Street Designer Cakes and Cupcakes

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the cake