9.28.2009

Busy Weekend Past

This last weekend was completely non-stop for me here in South Carolina! Between weddings, birthdays and cupcake orders, my kitchen was pumping out the sweets! Here's a little look at what I've been up to lately:

First, I had a birthday cake due on Friday. This was a rather small and fairly easy cake-but SO super cute! It was a chocolate on chocolate cake for Miss Amelia...her 7th birthday party was Saturday morning. She loves sprinkles and the color purple, so I incorporated both of those elements in her birthday cake. Also, for an added surprise, I filled between the layers with purple frosting instead of chocolate!


"Thanks for the great cake! It was delicious!!! Amelia loved it...all of the girls wanted the pc [piece] with the most sprinkles! It was a hit with everyone." B.M., Myrtle Beach, SC via Facebook

Next, I had a wedding cake due at 2 on Saturday. This was for the Blue's wedding in Florence, SC. The groom got in contact with me only a few weeks ago for information on my wedding cakes and wondered if I could do a cake from the TLC show "Cake Boss." After sending me a picture of what his bride wanted, I made a game plan. This chocolate and pound cake cake was covered in marshmallow fondant designed in a quilted pattern and edible silver pearls. Because I would prefer not copying another's creation exactly, I always put my little spin on it! This is my interpretation of the Boss' cake- I think it turned out beautiful!


"Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing too! Thanks so much Jade you did an amazing job!" S.B. Florence, SC via Myspace


Last, but certainly not least, I had a cupcake wedding at 4! I have been conversing back and forth with the new Mrs. Hicks for months before we finally decided to go with 120 cupcakes and a small 2-tier cake for her "cabin on the lake" themed wedding. Her colors were ivory, chocolate brown and a splash of tiffany blue. I hand made the candy wafers sticking out of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes and piped different scrolls and the couple's monogram on them. As a request from the groom, they also went with my Smore's cupcake: a moist chocolate cake filled with marshmallow cream and topped with chocolate frosting and a homemade smore's. Although I never would have thought about using this cupcake for a wedding, it not only went perfectly with the whole cabin theme, but it also looked beautiful amongst the other cakes! Topping the cupcake stand was an ivory cake with chocolate brown scroll design and an "H" in the center.



"Hey girl! Just wanted to let u know that the cupcakes and cake were absolutely amazing!!!! U will DEF be recommended to everyoneee I know and we will most definitely be using you again!! :) thanks so much girl!!!" C.H., Florence, SC via Facebook

It was a challenging weekend, but so rewarding! The three cakes and all the cupcakes turned out just as I wanted and most importantly, my clients were very pleased! That's what I call a successful weekend!

Jade Cahoon
Sweet Street Designer Cakes and Cupcakes

0 comments: