5.02.2010

May 1st, 2010

This past Saturday, a very special couple was married and I was lucky enough to be a part of their gorgeous wedding!

After a couple of small world instances, Mrs. Emily was given my name by a local wedding vendor and was told I was the "Cupcake Lady." I met with her, her fiance and their fabulous wedding consultant from
Sweetgrass Social for a Cake Tasting (in this case, a cupcake tasting)...and we came up with a plan!


She opted for a super simple three tiered Charleston Style Pound cake covered in vanilla buttercream with a sage green ribbon border. We also decided to separate the tiers so these beautiful orchids (provided by Flowers by Starks ) could be placed in between. Absolutely gorgeous!


But, that's not all... Emily also had a cupcake vision for her big day! She wanted my Gourmet Cupcakes lining the dance hall...and even had the wait staff mingling amongst the guests with platters full of them to hand out! These are the 6 flavors chosen by the couple:

Chocolate Covered Strawberry
Chocolate Peanut Butter

Red Velvet

Italian Cream

White Chocolate Raspberry

Lemon Cream Pie


And this is them, ready for the party:



Out of the years of creating hundreds of cakes, the Stonerock Wedding was one of my favorite projects by far! I wanted nothing more than the weekend to be perfect for my couple...and, I'd have to say the cake and cupcakes were pretty close!

Jade Cahoon
Sweet Street Designer Cakes and Cupcakes

0 comments: