I so much love to cook!
I have been reading recent posts in "blogland" and have noticed a trend in the last few months:
After reading over quite a few different variations, I decided I NEEDED to try Martha Stewart's recipe. This is what marthastewart.com says about these fab treats-
In one batch of hearty cookies, find the flavors of two bakery classics: chocolate chip cookies and banana bread. Chopped walnuts and rolled oats add texture and more layers of taste.
So, are you ready for the recipe? : ) It is as follows:
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (about 2 ounces), toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside. Put butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined. Mix in banana. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chunks, and walnuts.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 12 to 13 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers up to 2 days. (Recipe and Picture courtesy of marthastewart.com.)
These cookies are very moist and the sweet hint of banana in the back ground pairs wonderfully with toasty walnuts and chocolate! I am a huge fan of banana bread, so these were an instant hit in my book! Happy Baking!
Sweet Street Designer Cakes and Cupcakes