6.25.2010

Mother-To-Be Shower Cake

This weekend, I was pleased to be apart of a fun and funky baby shower! I was contacted by the host just a few weeks ago and lucky for me, I was available!

After going over ideas through many emails and phone calls, I came up with a plan. My client loved Pink Cake Box's "Pregnant Lady Cakes," so that was my inspiration...just with a little twist!


The flavor was Vanilla Bean Cake with a Fresh Strawberry Preserve Filling and my Vanilla Buttercream. I went with the shower's color scheme of lavender, lime and brown (because the parents are leaving the gender a mystery) and all accents were done in my homemade Marshmallow Fondant.


This custom mommy-to-be was hand made out of my Marshmallow Fondant. This was my first stab at a person figure and it was so much fun to make! I may have a new favorite decorating technique! :)


This cake was just a joy to create! Congratulations to the soon-to-be parents...and thank you for letting me be apart of your celebrations!

Jade Cahoon
Sweet Street Designer Cakes and Cupcakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

found you site over misterwong... but one question do you have twitter or facebook, where i can be connected with you blog...? thanks

Jade Cahoon said...

Hi!
Yes, I have a twitter and facebook - the links are located on my sidebar under "I Love Hearing From You!" Thanks so much!
Jade